Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ugly ugly day!!!

So I finished...30km!!!!! Holy crap!!! And its like 26C with no clouds or shade!!! What a mess!!! But I survived and have washed and am waiting to wash my clothes (wow they are gross)!

So today was an ugly ugly walk. Going out of Logrono (like I said in the post this AM) was all city, industrial and pavement! Then we walked by the highway for a while (that's always good fun). And then we walked through vineyards, which sounds great except in April they look like stunted dead shrubs. Gorgeous...then we went over a hill, which was pretty enough (a few pics attached from there) and then down the hill to ugly vineyards and industrial areas. Then we went through what basically looking like a garbage pit and smelled like stagnant water and rubbish.

And to make it worse...once we got into Najera the Albergue was on the other side of town!!! Like another 20 minutes walk!!! I thought I would die. And then coming in - the Albergue is quite close quarters (a picture of that included too). I think I snagged a bed that no one can sleep next to me because the other side is blocked off...

Oh! And I added a picture of my toe!! LOL!! Its got a mohawk!! That's all the extra skin from my massive blisters. Amazing!!! But at least it doesn't hurt much and with my new shoes I walked my farthest yet in one day!!

Ok-i can't think anymore! I need a nap! I have already showered and washed my clothes...did I say that already?! I am proud. Anyways! I am glad this day is over and I went the whole way here so tomorrow I can start fresh and hopefully its kinda pretty and less pavement and highways!!

---

3 comments:

  1. bloody hell that dorm looks intimate to say the least! WImagine the noise if they are all snorers!!! My idea of hell he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your poor toe. I hope it gets better soon! Those are some seriously snug sleeping arrangement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so much happier now that you have happy feet. I am so glad that your journey is going better. I never have any doubts about you finishing the trip. I know you wil do it :) Love the picsture of where your staying and what your eating. Bunks look a little close but the food looks GOOD. Have a great day tomorrow and I hope the scenery is better. xxoo

    ReplyDelete