Pages

Sunday 3 April 2011

Another update...

I think I write a lot more when I am walking alone :)

So its noon and I am at Estrella!! 15km is like 3.5 hours!!! And nothing is open here until 13:00!!! So I am sitting on a bench next to the main road having a break!! Its super cold!!! Especially in my flipflops -letting my toe air out and giving it a quick iodine bath :p

I was hoping for a warm lunch but I don't want to be here all day! I think I'll walk 2km more to the next village which says there is an albergue and a supermarket :) along with some other shops. Might as well walk a bit more since its so early!!! I will def. not make it 10 more km to the top of the hill though. Blah!!

This town (Estrella) has a very pretty old area along the camino!! Lots of old buildings and churches! As I entered town the church bells were ringing for midday! Very nice!! Of course all my pics are on my real camera not my blackberry...

I can't believe its gone from 25 degrees (celcius) to 11 degrees today!!! Crazy!! But this is more the temperature I was expecting!! As long as I can make it to the next town before the rain starts!! Or if it just doesn't rain at all that would be ok :)

Well, I am sure I'll write more later :p
---

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote you an update but I think its lost :( Anyway, Leon ROCKS!!! Bueno Camino!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The albergue in Leon was full so they advised me to stay in Pension Sagrario, Avda. Alcalde Miguel Castano, 20 - 1° y 10° Dcha. Tel: 987 215 701. Its only 18€, no curfew, sweet old lady runs it and it had a great tapas bar next door and another one across the street to the left called Cafeteria Anahuacz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a long sleep and a slower walk yesterday has done some good for your moral and your feet :) Keep up the GREAT work and remember to enjoy the veiw.

    P.S. to Pio You are doing a great job and seem to be over half way in just a week !

    HAPPY TRAILS to both of you !!!!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete