Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Quitters...

So!! I just ran into one of the Irish girls (Zoe the one who lives in London) I started with in St. Jean. She and Amy (the other Irish girl that ran up the mountain ahead of me the first day). Anyways - they had taken a bus for one day (the third day to Pamplona) and I had dinner with them there. I had been wondering what happened to them all and was happy to see Zoe.

She said she and Amy had arrived the day before and stayed in a hotel. Amy is currently on a bus to Madrid to fly back to Ireland and Zoe is heading to San Sebastian to chill out on the beach before picking up the camino again at a later point. I'm sure I'll see her again...as that's how things seem to work on the camino. But in a really horrible way - its nice to know people are struggling more than me. Because while I thought of quitting...I knew I wouldn't do it yet because I have so much time I might as well walk a few km everyday!!

I am amazed Amy quit! I thought she was a star with how well she went over the Pyrinees the first day!! And she bought new shoes in Pamplona (she only had trainers\tennis shoes before). But if you aren't having fun it isn't worth being here...they also probably shouldn't have walked together since both wanted to quit. But oh well...I am glad I am going to make it farther than some people I started with.

I wonder when I'll meet someone else that I started with...although most of them were in such a rush that they are prolly a day or 2 ahead of me :p. Since I was the first one at the Albergue today, I know none of my original group arrived ahead of me today...maybe someone will pop up in the square where I am chowing down and chilling out :)


---

3 comments:

  1. its the hare and the tortoise story - just because you rush off quickly doesn't mean you'll see it to the end - slow and steady (in proper footwear!) does it best ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so proud of you. 95.69 miles under your belt. Maybe Grampa walked that many miles in the Marine Corp, but my walking was all done in my school days. About 5 miles a day for 6 years. Good job JACQUIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Pilgrim Go!!! Gxx

    ReplyDelete