Pages

Monday 4 April 2011

Torres del rio

I just amazed myself and called a Spanish phone number to have someone come and open a church for me! I even spoke in Spanish (very little and very poorly) but someone came and opened the door. I have attached some pictures here. It is a very simple octagonal church with moorish influences. Very pretty and basic.

Now I am waiting for people to eat dinner with. We can eat now if we tell them how many...otherwise I will go at 7 to the restaurante. The pictures for the restaurante menu didn't look very appetizing but I suppose the pilgrim menu at this earlier place might not be too good if it will be ready in 5 minutes....hmmmm...decisions decisions!!! I just need some food soon!!!!

Later: so just finished dinner. Its 8pm and I am ready for bed!! After the wine with dinner (10 euro for 3 courses and all you can drink wine plus all bread you can eat-amazing)!!! Anyways!!! I am super tired and freezing!!! It must be below 10 degrees (celcius) outside!!!! Brrrr!!!

So I had dinner with old naked german guy. He is super nice! That's his nickname because the supermodest English people kept telling me he always walked around naked but he's been in my room for 2 nights and I haven't seen it-he wears underwear...anyways he was telling me about his daughters and how proud he is of them!! So sweet!! So we ate dinner and watched some old western in Spanish! Now I am going to read and sleep. Tomorrow is Logrono and new shoes!!! Just need to make it 20km more :) goodnight!!!
---

4 comments:

  1. So enjoyable reading your adventure! Pictures look great! All you can drink wine...made a note of that place! lol

    Look after yourself (the string and blister idea...hmm nice lol)

    Sid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots Jacquie. Thank you for sharing with all. Sounds like you are having interesting experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to leave you comments but for some reason not all of them are working! I love your blog. I feel like I'm walking with you. Well besides the walking part :) so amazing how far you have gone already in a your first week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of shoes are you getting? I hope you aren't walking in your flip flops still. You need some Keens ! What about your 5 toe shoes, have you been wearing them? Take care of those feet you have a ways to go yet. Great job! Keep up the good work :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete