Pages

Monday 18 April 2011

All alone!!

Well, I have made it to Valverde...3 whole km past where I planned to go! And I am very happy I did!! Its a lovely Albergue and I am the only person staying here (well, so far but since its 8:00PM I don't think anyone else will come)!! And the owner is a lovely woman that made me an AMAZING dinner!!! Mmmm!! A super big salad and some chicken! Since I rarely seem to eat veggies on this trip the salad was amazing :). Oh- and now she is leaving so I will be here all alone! What a treat!! For €8 euro I have a huge hotel room with lots of beds and a lounge and a kitchen and lots of toilets all to myself!! I am super happy!! So glad I stopped here instead of walking another 10km to the crappy place with 3 tier bunk beds!! What a nightmare that would have been. But it does mean that I need to walk 35km tomorrow if I want to meet my friends again! Whew!! I either walked 35 tomorrow or the next day! One group is meeting in Astorga tomorrow night and I met Annie in Leon and she is having a rest day and then we talked about meeting in Rabanal on Weds. So in order to be in Rabanal on Weds I have to do one big day! So I have arranged to have my bag transported.

I can start early tomorrow - I can go to bed early since I have nothing else to do...and without my bag 35km shouldn't be too much of a problem. It is still mostly flat here! As long as it doesn't get too warm in the afternoon I will be fine!

I had hoped to get a bit farther today! Especially after a long break in Leon where it was rather chilly. But leaving Leon it got pretty warm and because it was such a horrible boring walk through commercial areas I didn't have a lot of motivation to keep going. And the guys I was going to try to catch decided to go a bit further and I knew it would be hard to make 10km more let alone 15!!! But this is super super nice!! All alone for the first time in 3 weeks!!!!! I almost don't know what to do with myself...well, besides go to bed!

That's about it for today! I wrote most of it earlier and the second part of my walk was super boring and ugly! But at least I walked it! I almost took the bus - but decided I better walk since I am a pilgrim :p

Now I will try to charge my ipod on the computer and that's all I need to do! Perfect!! Makes me super happy!! So happy to be alone!!! Amazing :)

I have added my pics from today! Think they are all from Leon.


---

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a solo room and cheapo rates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to walk those 3 km. You will be so proud when you have time to think about it. All of this alone time should get you fired up again. God is good.
    Good Night.

    ReplyDelete