Pages

Thursday 21 April 2011

Beautiful mountains!

So - it was a beautiful day once the fog cleared! Walking through the mountains again is wonderful! Except the going down! My poor feet!! There were a lot of steep downs. But I made it 25.5km today (I am in Molinseca now)! I decided to keep going after the town I was going to stop in. I had lunch there for 1.5 hours and it was lovely but very small. So now tomorrow I will go through Ponferrada in the morning and check out the castle and walk on!
Its amazing how much my body gives up! I was feeling fine until I saw the last town - then when I knew I was almost there everything started to hurt and I got slower and slower! And the Albergue was on the other side of town! I almost couldn't make it! I went from feeling fine to dying!! I think its all psychological...because how could I be fine one minute and dying the next :p

But my back didn't hurt today! Apparently all those days of walking flat was hard on my back. Now with a few hills - no problem!! Good thing its mostly hills the rest of the way (hmmmm...never thought I would say that)!

Ok-thats it! I am going to enjoy my beer now!! And then find some dinner. My albergue serves food but I am tired of the pilgrim menu!! I might have pizza at the place next door...or I feel like salad and french fries!!! Hmmmm!!!

---

1 comment:

  1. Pilgrim menu should be better than pizza.
    I´ve followed your walk, may be not every step because your are going so fast...! I´ll invite you to have a huge pizza when you come back. Un abrazo y un beso, JM

    ReplyDelete