Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

I have to include a picture now...

Ok sorry!! Its kinda gross but look at my poor toe!! Its like its sprouting another toe on top!!! Owwww!!! That wasn't there at lunch when I did my surgery on the bottom of my toe. But when I stopped 1.5 hours later I was ready to give up I hurt so much! I passed the town where a bunch of others were eating knowing I would never go again if I stopped...so I went around the corner and sat on the side of the road trying to figure out how to hitch-hike in a place no cars were going buy. So after I tried to eat (amazing how hard it is to eat when you are hot and tired and miserable) I decided that I would take my boots off and try to go the last 8km in my flipflops. So I removed my boots and there it was!! The biggest blister my baby toe ever had....and to make it better it looks like its filled with blood too!!!

But I made it to an alburgue (amazing how much nicer and happier I was in flipflops-good thing the road was easy)!! But its like 23 degrees and sunny with no shade anywhere so I was dying the last 2km! But I made it to Puente de la Reina!! Thank goodness I can afford to stay inthe first Albergue I come across and don't have to hurt for the super cheap ones!!! This one apparently has a massge shower....which I am off to use right now!! And there is a washer dryer that I will be using! Screw handwashing!! I am not 18 anymore or on a gap year!! I am going to treat myself!!!!

Oh!! This wasn't able to send before so now you'll see the before surgery and after surgery photos!!

Plus I just enjoyed the massage shower! Holy shit!! It had the like super waterfall shower head on top then the ones along the side (they didn't work very good) and then a regular shower head!!! Best shower in a long time!!! I don't know if I can ever leave here!!!
---

2 comments:

  1. euwwwh that is gross - I don't think all this DIY surgery is working out for you Jackie. Maybe you should get your feet properly looked at before you continue - and no leaving bits of thread in your feet! Crazy lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better take care of your feet. You will need them for many more miles. It is not fun when you can't walk. Ask me how I know. Sure love to read your blogs. Still waiting for the library to get my camino book. Even with all of your problems you are doing well. Go Jacquie.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete