Pages

Thursday 7 April 2011

Santo domingo de la calzada

I have arrived!! I decided to have a short day with only 21km. This is where my guide says I should stop today - and since its really hot outside I will stop here!!

Its a nice sized town! I will go for a wander and check everything out! And I think I am going to buy another pair of shoes :p. Now that my feet are happy I want them to be even happier! I am jealous of all the people with trekking sandals!! My poor feet are so hot and need some air during the day! I can wear my new shoes part of the day and then my (soon to be purchased) new sandals the rest of the day!! Bien!!

So this town has a super nice cathedral. I will go to mass tonight so that I can go inside for free to see the chickens! I'll tell the story in my post this evening with some pictures!

Now I am going to the market and get some food and then sit in the garden! This is a very nice Albergue. Because I am here so early I snagged a bed that is NOT a bunk!!! Amazing!! I will sleep even better tonight (not that I have any problems sleeping). This albergue (like the last one) is based on donations. So I can pay whatever I want. I gave the last one 7euro and it was a kinda crappy place. I suppose I'll have to give 10euro here because its so much nicer!!!

I am glad I didn't walk on - even though I had a lovely German walking companion today. She had a quicker pace than I was ready for this morning but we covered the 21km in really good time! It was about 6 hours to get here - including about 1.5 hours of break (breakfast was super long this morning). Its only 6-7km to the next town which is supposed to have a lovely Albergue too - but it only has like 20 beds and since we were the last of the group walking - I would hate to get there and it is full and I need to walk another 4km to the next Albergue. I am living by my new motto: "estoy tranquilla" (not too sure about the spelling but something like that).

---

2 comments:

  1. Post a picture of your new sandals when you buy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear about the "new" you. Tranquil. I am working on my new life also. Reading Shirley Maclaine's book.

    ReplyDelete