Pages

Friday 22 April 2011

Still raining!!!

Blah! Another cold rainy day! I suppose its better than the heat but still...I am tired of being wet!

I think I have gone 13km so far today! I am a bit lost and might not be on the camino. But whatever. Everyone I ask tells me to keep going. I am hoping to do 30km today. So only 17km more. And its not yet 11am. Not too bad. I took a couple pics of the castle in Ponferrada but of course it isn't open today because its Good Friday. Blah! Luckily there are still a few cafes open today!

I stopped in the hotel some of my walking friends stayed in last night. LOL-apparently the group had a big falling out last night. The 3 that walked arrived to find the others had booked them a really horrible room! Then a big fight happened and there were no hotel rooms in the city! The 2 guys got the last one. So they were still lounging around this morning. The one guy stayed at the albergue I think...although it is supposed to have fleas and bedbugs. And the others got kicked out of their hostel because the owner thought they were sneaking the other person in! So they had to take a taxi to the next town. I am glad I was happy and relaxed in my nice Albergue in the cute little town :)

I think accomodation might be tough the next few days. All the tourists are out on holiday for Easter! Blah! Hopefully when I get to Villafranca there is a cheap bed for me somewhere. Then I'll only go a couple km the next day and do the climb to the top of the next mountain in stages :). Ok...break over!! Back out in the rain!

---

No comments:

Post a Comment