Pages

Saturday 23 April 2011

29.6km

Well-according to the Lonely Planet I did 29.6km today! No problem! The first few hours through the mist and rain and now that I am done for the day the sun has come out! I am showered and at a lovely bar overlooking a river and a nice town (see picture with my feet up!)

I have found my pace and rhythm (finally). Today didn't seem too bad - even the few hills I went up and down at the end. I met up with some of my old walking companions and now we are in Villafranca del Bierzo. I am amazed I made it this far!! And I can still walk :)

This is a super pretty hillside town - actually its really in a valley but hillside sounds nicer! Ok-i don't wanna write anymore. Tomorrow-20km!! Yea!! a nice relaxing day. A bit of hills but a short day before what is supposed to be the toughest climb of the whole trip!!

---

2 comments:

  1. I love your stick! I'm so impressed with what you've done. Go You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Jacquie :)) The likkle villages look lovely, wish I was there too. X

    ReplyDelete