Pages

Monday 11 April 2011

Arrival in Burgos!

Well, I made it to Burgos. It was a long slog...but we skipped the really bad bit walking through the industrial and commercial suburbs. Yes - today I took a bus! Actually, quite a few of us took a bus! And it was worth it!

We walked about 12-15km. Its hard to know how far because the route was all changed and the "amigos del camino" added a new route. So it added a few km on to the length! What a horrible thing to do! And it was along a road...not even a nice path. And then we walked by an airport and a freight train station. and little towns that were basically all boarded up. Great times. So when we got to the place with the bus station - I didn't feel bad getting on the bus. I am cranky and tired of walking!!

So now I am sitting in a cafe waiting for the albergue to open and eating chocolate and churros - which is basically deepfried dough with sugar dipped in chocolate! Mmmmm!!!

---

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute in your pink! I've been to Burgos so many times on the bus. I totally remember stopping there on my trips up to Bilbao and ALL the Spanish people jumping out as fast as they could and lighting up cigarettes. Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, Jacquie, you are not supposed to be on a bus. You are supposed to be comparing your real life with what the Pilgims had to put up with. You are missing some of the pain and suffering. Having fun though that is what life is really about. Wish I had learned that sooner. Guess who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jacs, ur looking good and doing great. keep it up. enjoying your blog. love dad

    ReplyDelete