Pages

Monday 25 April 2011

Another day!!

So I walked again today...surprise surprise! :p

So today I made it to Sarria - and...I took the shorter way. So I did only about 18.5km. Amazing that 18.5km has an only in front of it! When else in my life would I ever say that is a short distance to walk in a day?! But yes - I was lazy and decided that I didn't want to walk 25.5km and see the monastery. Seeing stuff is way too hard. I will only see what is on the shortest route to Santiago!

So - I have arrived in Sarria early. My clothes are in the washing machine. It was kind of expensive but I started to wash them in the sink and then thought...what the hell am I doing?!? So I paid the €5 so my clothes can actually be clean! There is no dryer though...so hopefully everything will dry outside! It is a gorgeous sunny afternoon! I am sitting in a lounge chair on the roof terrace of my Albergue now! Its drying me quite well after my shower so it should dry my clothes!

What else...today was a pretty walk. I thought I was done with the big hills but for the first hour today all I did was walk uphill!! Grrrr!! Then, of course, the next hour was all downhill! And we may have had a bit too much to drink last night...oops! But it was easter and we had a steak dinner...and I walked a ton yesterday so I deserved it. But it did make today a bit tougher. I didn't look as rough as the guys though. They seemed a bit grumpy when they caught up with me! LOL! But they are off to find the massage place in town and then head out to the next town! Wow they are ambitious!! I'll probably catch them tomorrow...especially as I have to be out of my Albergue by 8am!! So if they only go 5km more I would be there by 9 and they usually don't leave til after that. I might have a chance of getting to Santiago by Friday night now. Sarria is about 120km from Santiago. But other stuff says 100km. 100km is 4 days...which is Friday arrival! Wouldn't that be something. So from now on I'll just walk to wherever I get tired and see how far I can make it! It would be nice to have a bit of down time at the end. And maybe take the bus to Finisterre. Anyways- we'll see how it goes.

But the next part of the walk might be a lot more crowded. Sarria is the last place people can start walking from and still get credit for doing the camino. So a lot of people start here. But I think because its the week after Easter - not a lot of people will start here this week. If people were going to do it they would have done it last week. I hope there aren't a lot of fresh clean new people starting now! They piss me off!!

So anyways - here's the pictures I took. My laundry needs to get hung up now and then I am going to read my book and try to get a nice tan!!

---

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Lovely attitude. I think you should walk all the way to Finisterre. That would really be a record. Sunday in Santiago and then a leisure walk. Wait and see how you feel. Great job Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing a great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing an amazing job! I can't believe you are almost there - way to go! Happy Easter - it was actually a beautiful sunny weekend in England - shocking huh?! Jesse

    ReplyDelete