Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Starting week 3

Well, week 3 is off to a good start! According to my Lonely Planet guide I made it 31.8 km yesterday!! Whew! Go me!! I found the town from my last post. It was in a little dip. It was strange yesterday because all of the towns were at the bottom of hills. So you couldn't see them until you were in them. Before all the towns were on the hills so you could see them for a ways! but the town I am at now (Castrojarez or something) is on a hill so I could see it for an hour as I walked towards it. I have attached some pictures of what I have seen today. I thought I had more but apparently I took them on my real camera not my BB.

So I am having my break after my first 2 hours walking! I had a good lie in this morning and didn't wake up until nearly 8!! Amazing! But I am getting kinda worried because it is starting to get pretty warm out! I don't walk very well in the warm and I still have like 20km I want to cover today...hmmm....well-i'll change into my lighter clothes and I do have my sandals now so I can walk in those and that will keep me cooler!

What else to say?!? Oh! I had pizza last night! Not a very pilgrimmy thing to have but its been ages since I had it! It wasn't very good-but oh well!! The Albergue was nice! I had a room with a Latvian father and daughter and the crazy group consisting of an irish guy, a swedish guy and a french canadian. So that was nice - especially since they didn't turn the light on until I woke up in the morning!! I actually thought it was 6:30 until I looked at my clock and saw it said 7:45! Amazing to sleep in like that! I can't wait to get home and have a long lie-in and then a long bath!!

So I am in the Meseta now. Its supposed to be this huge flat plateau that's dry and barren and really really flat!!! But I can see lots of hills all over. Hmmm...not quite what I was envisioning but I have a few more days of it. As of right now I have 451 km left according to my book!

Oh-my roommates from last night have arrived. The little french canadian seems to be suffering a bit of a hangover :p I'll visit with them a bit. But I just calculated that to finish on the 30th (I am getting more ambitious because I think mass is at noon and I need to go to the one on May 1st because they only swing the big incense thing on Sundays) - anyways to finish on the 30th I only need to go like 25.6km a day! Yea!!! That shouldn't be a problem!

---

4 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job !!!!! By the sounds of it you have hit your stride and are making amazing progress. Keep up the good work :) xxoo Also was wondering how Pio was doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...you don't know me from Adam (or Eve!) But I found your blog via Camino Buddies! Loving it..loving following you...I should be outta here in about a month! So your helping settle my nerves right now. As far as the Botafumiero...It often gets used at other times...when someone fronts the money for it...so you may get to see on another day. We saw it twice in '08. Buen Camino, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many kilometers? Yikes, I don't understand but I think that you are doing great! What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way Jacquie, that last post was from your Great Aunt Mary.....old great aunt.

    ReplyDelete