Pages

Thursday 31 March 2011

What a start to day 3

Well...here are a couple pictures that you just won't fully understand...especially the ones of my poor feet!!! I tried to capture the painful essence of my blisters but since it was kinda dark you probably can't see my amazing medical work - so I'll explain. I read the to treat blisters to thread a needle and put it through the blister and leave the thread in. That way the goo inside the blister miraculously dries. So I tried that on my blisters...I had one massive one on my heel that I even used 2 pieces of thread on...oh!! And I was proud that I used a lighter to sterilize the needle too!! I am crafty!! Then I had a blister on my baby toe and one under my big toe....so I put thread in all of them. I left them in all night (I slept 10 hours last night!!!) And this morning I didn't get the results I expected :( boo!!! It doesn't seem to have done much. Although I suppose they don't hurt as much - but wearing my awesome shoes the blisters didn't hurt anyways...

So that's my story about my feet! I could go on because they are really sore now after walking God knows how many kilometers today....but I'll stop complaining. According to the last sign I only have like 3.8 kms until I reach Pamplona. But since I gave up on the proper Camino trail because the crazy homeless lady told the old guy from Denmark that this path was better (but longer). So I decided to take the longer path...because at that crossroads I would have had to go uphill to follow the Camino and I hate hills.

So here I am somewhere outside Pamplona on a public paved path that goes along next to a river. Its super easy walking but there are a lot of people and I am getting a lot of strange looks - most likely because I am dirty and carrying a massive backpack! But people are friendly when I ask if I am still heading towards Pamplona.

I was going to try to get past Pamplona today - but that seems a bit too ambitious. My feet hurt (oops I wasn't going to say that again). Plus I have been walking super fast today I am just realizing. Because it isn't even 2:00 and I have gone nearly 25km. And I didn't leave until 8:30 this morning!!! So I am taking a long break now because I have a feeling it is going to be difficult to find the Camino path again in Pamplona....anyways so I am writing this bit of blog and eating some more peanuts then in like 20 minutes or so I'll put my shoes back on and hoist up my backpack and wander onwards. I wonder what happened to the guy from Denmark. He looked pretty sad last time I saw him....I wonder if he gave up and took the bus...I almost did since this path so temptingly goes right by a bus to central Pamplona....

Oh...and the other picture in here is of the beautiful magnesium plant (or something) that I walked by for the first like 3km this morning!!! Great views :p

I could really use some vino...I wonder where that German guy is today??!! He prolly took the proper path and is handing out wine somewhere there right now....ho hum!!! I'll feel good about myself knowing I took the long route....or something!!
---

1 comment:

  1. he he I think the first signs of madness are showing - leaving threads in your feet?!?! Are you nuts - you'll probably get infections. And are you sure you didn't hallucinate a german man giving out free wine on the route. He didn't have long hair, a bread and was wearing robes?!?!

    keep at it
    xx

    ReplyDelete