Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

I LOVE Sunshine!!!!

What a beautiful day!!  Its definitely spring here :)  The flowers are out and the sun is shining.  I took the picture below on my way to kickboxing class this morning.  There was an amazing sunrise as we were out on the common punching and kicking away at each other!!



The morning workout and all the sunshine inspired me (and worked up an appetite) and I was dying for some eggs. And I really felt it would be better if someone else made them for me. So I rushed into the shower and out to Northcote Road to find a cafe that would do me some breakfast. I made my way to Brew, which I have wanted to try for ages (the Yummy Mummies are always there when I walk by in the mornings and they look like they enjoy life so much...except for the babies...)

I got there at about 8:10 and it was empty. Perfect!! I could score one of the cozy outside tables. They have fur draped chairs and nice fleece blankets to put over your knees - and I sat under a space heater (it might be sunny outside but its not super warm at 8AM)! I ordered a big glass of fresh squeezed OJ and perused the menu. The first thing that jumped out - Chorizo Scrambled Eggs on Sourbread Toast. AMAZING!!! So I ate my breakfast - read my Shirley McClaine book about her Camino (she's a bit of a crazy but interesting) and I watched all the frazzled people rushing by in the hurry to get to work.  Ahhh!!!  This is the life.  No work - sitting at a lovely cafe, reading a book and eating fabulous food!!!  My peace was broken a bit when a bunch of Aussies with a baby sat next to me - boy do Aussies have a horrible accent (sorry to my friends from Oz).  But I ignored them and their baby didn't cry too much.  It was so wonderful I ordered another glass of juice (even though I have a juicer at home and could have made the same thing instead of paying £4 a glass).  Ahhh!!

I finally dragged myself away (to the cheer of the mass crowd that wanted to sit at my fabulous table and almost knocked me over getting to it when I stood up) and now I am home and ready for a nap. 

Yea - a NAP!  It might only be 9:40 but I deserve a nap.  I had a big day yesterday and only got like a 10 minute nap because the cleaner came early!  I feel bad napping when she is here - especially since there was a bit of a mess after the party the other night...

So yesterday (I realize I haven't written in a few days) I was super productive.  After my kickboxing class I went out and did my chores in the area.  I got more contacts (should have gotten them in the US...oops didn't realize I was almost out!) and a few other odds and ends from the shops nearby.  Then I repacked my Camino backpack to make a list of what else I needed.  It was still just 7kilos!!  Woo hoo I was proud!

After lunch I had my quick nap (while watching my super long DVD of Jane Eyre) and then when the cleaning lady arrived I decided it was time for my first trip to Decathlon.  This is a massive sports store and cheap.  I had heard great things but never been.  So off I went to one of the most amazing places ever!!!  Wow - I was there for ages wandering around.  So many cheap things to choose from!!!  I'll confess I spent quite a bit of money and got some things I didn't really need.  But wow!!!  Amazing stuff.  I got the best poncho ever - I'll try to post a picture of me wearing it later!!

When I came home I started repacking my bag (again).  Added my new stuff and rearranged a few things...and realized I went a bit overboard with the shopping.  The bag is now about 8.5 kilos and that is without a few things that are in the wash.  OOPS!!!  I added nearly 4lbs of weight.  WAY TOO MUCH!!!  So my job today is to bring that back down to a more manageable weight.  Which I suppose will mean leaving some of my cool new stuff behind - but I guess its better to leave it behind here than to throw it away somewhere in Spain.


I also have to sort out my visa application too!!!  While I am safe (for now) from the rule changes on the UK work visas) I might as well apply before they decide to make some more changes.  I have been putting this off for a few weeks now.  The 80 pages of paperwork I have to do don't really excite me :(

But anyways - first my well-deserved nap.  And maybe a walk later.  I need to try out my hiking boots with the new socks I bought and make sure that I don't get massive blisters or something!!  Must take care of my feet :)  They have a lot of walking to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment