Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

Practice Packing!!

So I bought a new backpack for my walk!!!  I realized my 75 litre one was way too big and too heavy!!  So I wondered over to Mountain Warehouse and bought myself a nice (cheap) 40 litre bag!!  Its even purple (well, grey and purple...but yea - its pretty)!!!

So of course today (after I wrapped all my eBay sales up and got them ready for shipping) I did some practice packing of my bag.  Wow - 40 litres is A LOT smaller than my 75 litre bag!  But this will make sure that I don't bring way too much stuff. 

Right now I have my  bag at about 15.5 lbs (7 kilos).  There are a few things I need to add and a few things I can take out.  So its pretty much perfect!!  That's right where I wanted it.  So with a bit of a lunch and some water I should be under 20 lbs!!  Now I haven't practiced walking with 20 lbs on my back...but it didn't feel too bad when I lifted it and the backpack fits really well and keeps the weight off my shoulders (so it seems).  So I should be ok.  Fingers crossed!! 

I am so excited!!  I fly out in 11 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment