Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

First Day of Walking!!!

So I have written a couple of other posts on my mobile (including photos) but my phone doesn´t want to work here...so they won´t get posted until I get a Spanish SIM card...hopefully in Pamplona in like 2 days.  Which means this will be my last post for a couple days because I don´t want to pay for internet.  But Dad - I didn´t want you to worry about not hearing from me and call the police or anything!!!

So today I walked 27 kilometers.  20.8kms were uphill.  That´s 17+ miles in total.  The uphill bit almost killed me!!  The first part of the day was massively uphill.  I went super slow.  The end of the walk was massively downhill - which was actually worse than the uphill.  But I survived and am now clean and showered and ready for dinner!!!  All I have eaten today is a couple small slices of bread with jam (a little butter but then the lady next to me used the butter and licked the butter knife, so I couldn´t have any more butter...ewwww).  And then some nice man shared some bread with me along the way and I just ate some nuts and dried fruit.  After walking 27km I deserve A LOT more than that!!!  A couple glasses of vino wouldn´t hurt either.

I am not as sore as I thought Iwould be.  I was super cranky the last like 10 minutes of the walk.  The poor Canadian girl that was stuck walking with me thought I was a bit crazy.  The damn sign said 5 minutes and then the entrance to the alburgue was around the back of the freaking building.  Almost killed me.  But its a nice place to stay and had a hot shower and washed my clothes really quick.  I should be set!!

What else!?!  OH!!  I thought the walk would take me 10 hours (they told me 8 at the beginning and since I hate uphills I figured it would take me heaps longer) but I was done in less than 8!!!  So I am super proud!!!  I feel like an overachiever!!  My legs will prolly hate me tomorrow but i didn´t go too fast and was def. not the first one done...actually I think I was one of the last people to arrive...at least amongst the people I met yesterday.

I put way too much money into the computer...I still have 31 minutes left.  My goal is to not check email and stuff while I am away.  I wish the other girls would have come down and they could use the time.  Because I am done typing now.

So - you won´t hear from me for probably 3 days.  In Pamplona I should be able to find a store to get a SIM card for my mobile and then all my blogs will upload from there.  Until then...that´s it!!  Hmmm - and sorry about any spelling errors because this computer only does Spanish spellcheck...

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time and keep the posts coming! Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for day 1 done and dusted! Well done on the time and I'll keep reading Janex

    ReplyDelete