Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

On the way to St. Jean

So far so good!!! Made it to the airport ok!! Highlight of the day was the 5 minute feel up session going through security! Of course wearing my massive super-duper sports bra with loads of metal underwire I set of the metal detector. The poor girl hand to feel and feel my boobs! Apparently no other bras set of the metal detectors....just mine. She gave me the friendly advice not to wear this bra again :p

So I was at Stansted hours and hours early! Plenty of time to get in a massive breakfast and a pint of cider before heading to the gate. Pio was still no where in sight. I found out he was spending his time checking the cricket bat he had brought and buying a tablet PC!! Then since he bought the tablet he had 2 carry-on bags, which RyanAir def. doesn't allow...so he paid again to carry-on a 2nd bag!! Amazing!!

So after another sneaky cider on the plane I slept most of the way to Biarritz! Even through the screaming toddler that obviously hated flying and whose parents had NO control!

On the bus to Bayonne train station we met a lovely Irish couple who had done bits of the Camino years ago, along with a couple young English guys. So we all decided to have a few beers at the train station as our train didn't leave for 2+ hours. Another older English man and a German speedskater joined us - also heading to St.Jean doe the Camino. Good times! Didn't think I would meet this many people heading for the Camino on the first day.

Now am on the train to St.Jean. Lots of beautiful scenery! Slowest train ever though! But I am happy!! Just had some chevre with baguette!!! Mmmm!!! French chevre!! One thing about England is they don't have any nice goat cheese :p

No comments:

Post a Comment