Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

Pre-trip: Day 8

Miles Walked:  3.5 miles

Well, I walked to work again today!  It was a bit rainy and it seems like every crossing turned red as I got to it.  Basically saying - it took ages!!!  But I'm sure it was good for me.  I have some ankle weights that I am wearing too!!  They simulate the weight of my hiking boots (have I already rambled about this)?  I have been reading articles on-line saying you shouldn't walk with weights (hand or leg) when you are training, but it seems to make sense that if I will be doing my trek in heavy boots, I should practice walking with that weight on my legs.  I can't walk through London in my hiking boots because they are too hard on my feet on the pavement.  So I wear my tennis shoes and some weights.  Makes sense to me!!
The worst thing about my job ending next week is that I won't be able to walk to work anymore.  Its nice and motivating to have somewhere to actually walk to.  But I suppose now I can walk wherever I want, whenever I want, for as long as I want to.  But given my lack of general motivation - I might walk a lot less!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment