Pages

Sunday 23 January 2011

Pre-trip: Day 11 - (11.5 miles)

Miles Walked:  11.5

Whew!!!  I had my long walk this morning!  I walked from Clapham Junction down to Richmond.  It was kind of a long way!!  LOL!!!  I have never walked that far that quickly.  Usually when I walk its kinda slow with lots of breaks.  But since I didn't have much time I needed to go kinda fast. 
I had a 10 minute lunch break and one more 5 minute break when I was a bit lost near the end and tried to check my phone.  But the map wouldn't load so I just wandered on.  It was really muddy to so a bit slow going in some places.  Especially when I got stuck behind the group of like 10 kinda older people.  I tried to go around but it was too muddy - so I just had to plod along behind them for like 10 minutes.  Oh well!!!

All in all it took me 3.5 hours.  Then I was tired and just wanted to sit down and go home.  Of course when I got to the train station I saw the big "Replacement Bus" sign.  And of course it was my train that wasn't running this weekend and there was a bus!!!  I knew I should have checked before I left home but I thought - what are the chances my train wouldn't be running this weekend.  Of course it wasn't.  So it took ages to get home on the stupid bus :(  BOO!!!

I am pretty sore and tired.  I just had a long bath with some epsom salts and am going to head to sleep now!!  Its only 8:30, but that's ok.  Its the Sunday before my last week of work.  Lots to do this week!!!  I better get lots of sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment