Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Pre-trip: Day 20 - (?.? miles)

So - I went to the Embassy to get apply for a second passport today.  My appointment was at 8:15!  What was I thinking on my first day off of work!?!  I had to wake up earlier than normal days!!  But it didn't take too long and I was out by about 9:00 AM. 

I was of course too tired to go for a walk then - so I decided to have a wander over to Oxford Street for some shopping.  I hadn't been to Primark (super cheap clothes for those of you that don't know) in ages!!  And its impossible to go there on weekends but at 9AM on a weekday - it was practically empty!!  PERFECT!!  I bought a big comfy bathrobe so that I can lounge around for the next few months in style and comfort!

So then I had a wander down Oxford Street and into a few shops - but nothing to strenuous.  Oh - a big portion of my walking this morning was me getting lost.  I don't function very well that early in the morning.  So I got off the bus WAY too early and walked in the wrong direction for like 10 minutes before I realized that the Embassy couldn't possibly be that way.  So then I had to walk back and get back on the bus and after getting lost a few more times to and from the Embassy I think I walked a couple miles right there :P

But yea - I was home by 11:00 with a great baguette sandwich so I chowed down lunch early and then had a lovely loooonnnngggg nap!!!  I woke up just in time to make myself presentable for when the cleaning lady arrived and have been sitting on the couch ever since.  Well, I did have to make a quick trip to the post office.  It appears the passport people needed my old second passport.  Even though it is expired they have to physically have it so they can cancel it before sending me a new second passport.  Oh well, the quick pop outside made me feel better. 

Now I am just waiting for the cleaning lady to leave and I'll have a lovely glass of vino and watch a movie until its time to go out and meet some lovely friends for dinner and drinks!! 

I may not have gotten a lot of walking practice in today - but I have really enjoyed my first day off and feel like I have accomplished a lot :)  Maybe tomorrow I'll work-out/go walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment