Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Countdown: 54 Days - (5.5 miles)

So I have decided to start a countdown to when I leave (March 28).  So there are 54 days until I leave!!  WOO HOO!!  That sounds a lot longer than I thought.  I have heaps of time to walk.

Today I decided to walk to Wimbledon Common - which is really quite nice.  Sadly I have never spent much time in Wimbledon.  Its not very far from Clapham Junction either.  I guess I always thought it was a lot farther away for some reason?  Strange how things seem when you only take the underground places.  So anyways - I found my way to the Common and took a wander through the park.  There are SO MANY TREES!  I felt like I was back home again wandering through the woods.  It was so quiet and the trees and paths were really nice.  I did get a bit nervous that I was lost because I spent quite a long time wandering through the park.  But eventually I came to the Windmill Museum and figured there must be a town centre nearby somewhere.  So I wandered towards what I thought might be Wimbledon and lo and behold - there is was!!!

Now I am really in love with Wimbledon Common and Wimbledon.  It was a nice walk down to the centre.  And the best bit - the department store was having bonus time for both Clinique and Lancome!!!  So I bought all the supplies I needed and got 2 packets of free gifts!!!  And then I stopped in Pret and got a tuna and cucumber baguette!  What more could I ask for?!   And its only 1:30!!  I am going to have a nap and then off to the grocery store to pick up supplies for the wonderful dinner I am going to make tonight!!  Have I mentioned how much I love not working!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment